I know it has been a while ( I got distracted by the Twilight Saga...I am almost finished...just one more book). I promise to bring you up to date on the last two months of fun. For now I thought I would gabber out the latest stuff from the holiday weekend.
Well we went down to Canon City, Colorado to visit Nathan's Brother Phillip and their family. While most of it was uneventful just hanging out and having fun, we did go to the Lake Monday Morning to fish. There is a small dock there with just some long wood blocks bordering it, maybe 6 inches high. We had spread out around the lake fishing all over. There was our family, Phillip and Denise's Family and David and Ashley's Family (Phillip's brother in law)there. Denise and I where at the cars hanging out with the smaller babies and Hannah (no more than a few yards from the dock and lake). David, his son Jay and Elaine were on the dock fishing. Elaine had this kids fishing pole with a stink and bobber attached, just long enough that it would not trip her when walking. Well she was on the dock trying to get the bobber to the water when she learned to far over...........all I heard was her scream. I immediate jumped up and went running to the dock ready to jump in after her. Within seconds, before I ever hit the dock I saw David lifting Elaine back up onto the dock....BY THE LEG just barely above her anckle. Talk about fast reflekes!!! THANK YOU DAVID!!!! He caught her before she coul
d ever hit the water (which was only three feet or so below). She scratched her hand and that was all. Nathan watched in horror directly across the lake from the dock and said that where she fell there was only large ocks below her covered by water. I hate to think of what might of happend if David had not been so quick. Thank you, thank you, thank you DAVID!!!!
d ever hit the water (which was only three feet or so below). She scratched her hand and that was all. Nathan watched in horror directly across the lake from the dock and said that where she fell there was only large ocks below her covered by water. I hate to think of what might of happend if David had not been so quick. Thank you, thank you, thank you DAVID!!!!
So this is where you've been. And you're gone AGAIN. When am I supposed to see my friend/neighbor?!
ReplyDelete:)
I'm glad you guys have fun. Meanwhile you missed some amazing rain. Which was very wet.
See you!